Sitrapesca calls attention to boat masters about Coronavirus
The board of Sitrapesca, through the institution's president, Henrique Pereira, asks all the masters of fishing vessels to inform the crew about the Conad-19, the Coronavirus. The president of Sitrapesca also requests and advises that, if there is a fisherman with symptoms of the disease, that the master immediately informs the company and the competent authorities.
Already declared a pandemic, Coronavirus has already been confirmed in more than 200 people in Brazil. So far the State of Santa Catarina has six confirmed cases of the disease (in Rancho Queimado, Florianópolis, Braço do Norte and Joinville) and another 102 suspected cases that are being monitored.
The main symptoms of the disease are fever, cough and difficulty breathing. According to information from the Ministry of Health, Coronavirus transmission usually occurs through the air or through personal contact with contaminated secretions, such as: saliva droplets; sneeze; cough; phlegm; close personal contact such as touching or shaking hands or contact with contaminated objects or surfaces, followed by contact with the mouth, nose or eyes.
Also according to the recommendations of the Ministry of Health, to prevent contamination, it is necessary to:
• Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, respecting the 5 times of hygiene. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
• Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
• Avoid close contact with sick people.
• Stay at home when you are sick.
• Cover your mouth and nose when coughing or sneezing with a tissue and throwing in the trash.
• Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
Once infected, a person tends to have symptoms for between 5 and 12 days. To avoid infecting more people, it is recommended to isolate whoever has the symptoms.
In addition to requesting the masters of vessels to advise the crew about the disease, symptoms and prevention measures, the direction of Sitrapesca also requests that any symptoms in the crew be informed immediately.
"It is also necessary for the masters to assess the crew at the time of boarding, to prevent someone who is sick from being taken on board and contaminating their companions", advises Pereira.