WHO IS RIGHT?
The fisherman who meets the following requirements:
• carry out this activity uninterruptedly (individually or in a family economy regime);
• have active registration for at least one year in the General Fishing Registry (RGP), of the Ministry of Agriculture, Livestock and Supply (MAPA), as a professional artisanal fisherman;
• be special insured, in the category of professional artisanal fisherman;
• commercialize its production to individuals or legal entities, proving social security contribution, in the last 12 months immediately prior to the application for the benefit or since the last closed period until the beginning of the current period, whichever is less;
• not be in any benefit of continued provision of Social Assistance or Social Security, except
accident assistance and pension for death; and
• not having an employment relationship or any other employment relationship or source of income other than that resulting from the fishing activity.
WHERE TO REQUEST?
1. Directly in the association/colony/union
As of April 2015, Seguro-Defeso is administered by the National Institute of Social Security, but it is not necessary to go to a Social Security Agency to apply for the benefit.
If you are an Artisanal Fisherman associated or affiliated with a representative entity (association, colony or union) that has a Technical Cooperation Agreement with the INSS, you can register your application directly with the entity, simply submitting the necessary documentation, which will be sent to the INSS.
The fisherman does not have to pay anything for this. The representative entity provides this service free of charge.
2. At INSS
The application is made at the Social Security Agencies.
Call 135 for more information on fisher service.
• valid official identification document with a photo (Identity Card or Professional Card, for example);
• proof of enrollment in the Individual Taxpayer Registry (CPF);
• copy of proof of payment of social security contribution (GPS), if you have sold your production to individuals; or
• copy of the tax document for the sale of fish to the company that acquires, consumes or consigns the production, stating the operation carried out and the value of the respective social security contribution;
• registration of professional fisherman in the artisanal category, issued for at least one year;
• proof of residence in municipalities covered by the ordinance that declared the defence.
DEFENSE INSURANCE or UNEMPLOYMENT INSURANCE OF ARTISAN FISHERMEN
It is the benefit granted to Professional Artisanal Fishermen during the closed period of the fishing activity for the preservation of the species, as provided for in Law No. 10.779, of November 25, 2003.
WHERE TO RECEIVE?
Upon granting the benefit, the credit will be automatically generated and made available at Caixa Econômica Federal
HOW TO CONTRIBUTE TO INSS?
Whenever they sell their production in retail, directly to individuals, fishermen must collect their contribution through the Social Security Guide (GPS). The tab must be completed as follows:
- Payment code - 2704
- Competence MM/YYYY - MM/YYYY
- Identifier - Fisherman's CEI Registration
- INSS value - 2.1% on the gross sales value
- Value of other entities (SENAR) - 0.2% of the gross sales value
- ATM/Fine and Interest - Calculated only if there is a delay
- Total - Sum of the values of fields 6, 9 and 10
The fisherman can contribute in an accumulated form in the following month, when the amount of the contribution due related to the commercialization is less than R$ 10.00.
Central 135 is the INSS channel for answering questions, sending suggestions and reporting, which may be anonymous.